Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting unwanted Apple apps

How do you delete unwanted Apple apps?

I want to delete some of the default Apple apps that are installed when you running iOS 8.2 and these apps are Health; Stocks; Apple Watch; Voice Memos;

Tips; Podcasts; Passbook; Game Center; Reminders; Notes, iBooks. I will never use these apps and they are simply taking storage space on my new iPhone 5C 8GB.

If Apple can offer Pages, Keynote and Numbers as optional free downloads through the App Store, then surely Apple can also offer these unwanted apps as optional free downloads. Obviously, there are some apps that should not be deleted and a user should be prevented from deleting them, for example Phone, Settings, App Store, Safari, Mail, Messages, and Mail.

Regards

Schof

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 3:12 AM

6 replies

Apr 2, 2015 12:31 AM in response to stedman1

Not being able to remove unwanted Apple apps from an iPhone or iPad shows how arrogant Apple are toward their users. There must be several users in this World that would like to remove unwanted Apple apps from their device. How do we get Apple to change their mind? Removing apps will free up storage space, especially when you have a low capacity device like me.

Regards

Schof

Apr 2, 2015 12:48 AM in response to Schof

You can not remove/delete them.

But at least you can arrange that you do not see them:

take one and hold until you see all apps wiggling, then move the one onto another one you do not want to see: it creates a "folder" in which you now have those two, then take the next one you do not want to see and move it into the new folder, and so on: this clears the whole screen considerably, when done click the Home button.

Apr 4, 2015 7:23 AM in response to Lexiepex

TThe reason why I asked this question about deleting Apple apps is simple. These apps take up storage space. Deleting them will free up storage space on an 8GB iPhone 5c. The majority of these apps I will never use. It is time for Apple to realise that not every user thinks like they do. For example, I will never use Stocks and will probably never use Apple Watch because I will not buy one. The Apple Watch is too expensive?

Regards

Schof

Apr 4, 2015 8:04 AM in response to Schof

Schof wrote:

TThe reason why I asked this question about deleting Apple apps is simple. These apps take up storage space. Deleting them will free up storage space on an 8GB iPhone 5c. The majority of these apps I will never use. It is time for Apple to realise that not every user thinks like they do. For example, I will never use Stocks and will probably never use Apple Watch because I will not buy one. The Apple Watch is too expensive?

Those apps take up very, very little space, probably less than a couple of photos. In fact, iOS 8.2, which includes the Apple Watch app, is smaller than iOS 8.1.3.

Submit your feedback directly to Apple using the appropriate link on the Feedback page: http://www.apple.com/feedback

Meanwhile, move all the apps you don't think you'll ever use to a folder and move the folder to the last page. Best of luck.

Deleting unwanted Apple apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.