Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I found that my iPhone 5 screen has bulge.

Can anyone recommend to me? I guess that this is an impact from the battery and I also heard that Apple offer to claim on this problem.

Unfortunately, when I checked with my serial number onto apple web site. it said that this is not coverage for claim.

I bought 3 iPhone for myself and my family. First one is for myself, the rest are for my family.

So, those two also check the serial number with Apple and still on coverage by Apple.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:50 AM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2015 5:40 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Apple has determined that a very small percentage of iPhone 5 devices may suddenly experience shorter battery life or need to be charged more frequently. The affected iPhone 5 devices were sold between September 2012 and January 2013 and fall within a limited serial number range.

If your iPhone 5 is experiencing these symptoms and meets the eligibility requirements noted below, Apple will replace your iPhone 5 battery, free of charge.

this message said that the affected period were between September 2012. my iPhone 5 order date is 2 NOV 2012 and Shipment Date is 12 NOV 2012. but when check with the serial number on Apple system. the system said it is not coverage?????

Apr 26, 2015 6:11 AM in response to WThabsuwan

if the screen act like that one will have to assume the battery is expanding (some do that because of malfuction in the battery)

and in most cases it keep expanding until the phone breaks, people call it exploding iphone but of cause a slow expansion which end up breaking the device is not the same thing as an explosion

I found that my iPhone 5 screen has bulge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.