Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I'm trying to connect a printer to my iMac. I have downloaded the printer driver, but when I try to access it via the 'add printer' section it is greyed out ( as are the majority of other files and downloads) 'Help please! Thanks.

Hi, I'm trying to connect an Oki printer to my iMac. I have downloaded the printer driver, but when I try to access it via system preferences/ 'add printer' section it is greyed out ( as are the majority of other files and downloads) 'Help please! Thanks.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

Mar 28, 2015 12:20 PM in response to follygirl66

Kodak has posted an unsupported hack that has been reported to enable printing to a Kodak printer not supported in OS X 10.10 ("Yosemite"). Perhaps it would have the same effect with some other kinds of printers that aren't supported in Yosemite.

I have not tested the hack myself. As far as I know it will not break the compatibility of printing software that is already compatible with Yosemite. It may degrade the security of the printing system. It's up to you to decide whether that risk is worth taking.

Hi, I'm trying to connect a printer to my iMac. I have downloaded the printer driver, but when I try to access it via the 'add printer' section it is greyed out ( as are the majority of other files and downloads) 'Help please! Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.