Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Coating issue also with 2015 MacBook Pro Retina?

Hi there,

I am in the market for a MacBook Pro Retina 13 (Early 2015). What concerns me is the coming off screen coating with previous models, people are reporting right now. On YouTube there are videos showing this effect live with water and the Apple cloth only.

Does this affect the new models, as well? How likely is this?

Thanks in advance!

Stefan

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:29 AM

4 replies

Aug 30, 2015 10:57 AM in response to Merkor

I'd also like to know. I was ready to drop $2499 + CA taxes on a 2015 15.4" MBPr until I came across all the reports of the coating/stain issues on the ones from previous years. Now I'm wondering if it's more worth my while to replace the logic board and add more RAM to my mid-2010 MBP instead. I'd buy the new one today if it was a guarantee Apple Care would cover it and not claim it's cosmetic damage, or if we could get an official confirmation from Apple that the 2015 models don't have the coating.

Sep 23, 2015 7:04 AM in response to Merkor

I have a retina model and unfortunately it is out of 12 months warranty. The coating is coming off at the bottom, it looks ugly and bother me so much with the money i spent on it and expected the coating is the least problem because other companies did not have the coating comes off problem. I told them this is manufacture problem and apple should stand behind it to help customers, but they sent me out of the door - refuse to fix it.

I would never ever buy apple again with this kind of treating customers this way. It's not a $300 laptop. I told them the other companies, their laptops might be less reliable, but it's cheap, and do not have this kind problem. I can use $3000 to buy 10 of them and every month I can throw one in the garbage it is still better than this kind of business.

DO NOT SPEND TON OF YOUR HARD WORKING $$$$$$ on Apple if they don't stand behind this kind of defect. If you have $$$ to throw away. Go ahead.

remember coating comes off on the retina is a problem, and apple knew this and ignores it. Refuse to honor to fix it. dirty business

Remember: Coating on screen comes off and stay away from it.

by the way, if anyone the other ways to convince apple, please let me know, I am hurting

Coating issue also with 2015 MacBook Pro Retina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.