Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete iMessage email & Face time email (autofill)

So I am having a really tough time deleting these emails from two different machines.

I have a Late 09 MacBook (Mavericks) and a 11-inch Mid 2012 MacBook Air (Mavericks) that I need to delete the auto fill email address from. I have control of the account that is still showing up in the autofill.

In all, when I load Messages and FaceTime on other computer the emails for the iCloud accounts are autofilled into the email section. Both computers have had all user data removed, iCloud has been disabled on both. In Messages when you go to: Messages > Preferences > Accounts, you are not able to delete that email address from the tab.

Below is the login window to Messages. ( I have deleted the email from the window there, but every time its reloaded its autofilled with my email.)

User uploaded file

Below in the red is the email address that I wish to delete. The minus sign is grayed out as well as the (inactive) account.

User uploaded file

As for FaceTime, the email is autofilling, but this time in preferences I am "Signed Out"

User uploaded file

I need to get rid of these emails as these computers are being sold soon. I do not want to fresh install OS X. I have tried deleting the .plist for imessenger, and have had no luck.

Please help me out!

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 1:29 AM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2015 1:53 PM in response to Eric Root

Ahh see I don't want to do this. All that remains on the computer is that email address. Its gone when another profile is added, but I don't have another profile to substitute it with. I have No personal data left on these computers other then that email. Its quite frustrating. I also have no OS X cd's as these both run Mavericks. One has a CD drive while the other doesn't.

My goal is to preserve Microsoft Office on these computers, as I have no clue where the paper that has the keys on them are. (MS 2010)

Im ultra positive the personal info is no longer stored on my computer. .plist's, keychain, iCloud, all erased and disabled on these devices.

Mar 29, 2015 10:12 PM in response to Eric Root

Little update, this computer is so slow and has so many issues with slowness, i have ultimately decided to install Mavericks using a USB stick that I put the OS on. I didn't want to do Yosemite because the guide I'm following doesn't provide step by step for this. Also does apple do this themselves? Like lets say I want to send it in instead. I just don't want to ruin the computer.

Delete iMessage email & Face time email (autofill)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.