Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upload photos and videos from Optimize Phone Storage mode.

I switched to Optimize Phone Storage (instead of Download and Save Originals) in photo settings. I want to transfer all of my photos and videos from my phone to my macbook, but they don't show up when I plug in my phone. If I switch back to Download and Save, it looks like more space is used on my phone (so I assume it has downloaded the photos and videos that were being stored online), but they still don't show up when I plug my phone in!

iPhone 5, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:08 AM

5 replies

Mar 28, 2015 8:56 AM in response to StePod

It allows you to copy the photos from a digital camera or iPhone to a folder on your Mac. You can see the photos on your device and select those you want to copy.

If this works, you can use iPhoto to import the pictures from that folder afterwards.

Transfer images, video clips, and MP3 sounds to your computer from many cameras and devices that contain a camera, such as your iPhone. Once you transfer the items, you can delete them from the device.

1. Connect your device to your computer, then turn the device on.If the device is locked with a passcode, enter it.
  2. In Image Capture, select the device in the Devices list.
  3. Use the buttons at the bottom of the Image Capture window to view the thumbnails as a list or as icons to change the size of the thumbnails, or to rotate or delete images.
  4. From the Import To pop-up menu, choose where to save the images or which app to use to open the image.
  5. To import only some of the photos, select those photos, then click Import. To import all the photos, click Import All.Choose AutoImporter from the “Connecting this [device] opens” pop-up menu to transfer images from a device to your computer whenever you connect it to your computer.
  6. Select “Delete after Import” to remove the items from the device after transferring them to your computer. You can also select individual items on your device, then press the Delete key on your keyboard.

copied from Image Capture: Transfer images and other items from your device

How to upload photos and videos from Optimize Phone Storage mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.