Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can imac import photos from iphone 6 without using usb?

i have a mid-2010 imac running latest yosemite and an iphone 6 with ios 8.2.

i'd like to transfer photos to the computer without connecting the usb cable. can it be done? seems bluetooth or airdrop should be the answer, but the devices seem reluctant to work together.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 9:31 AM

Yes, it can be done with My Photo Stream.

For this to happen you need to have iOS 8 on the iPhone and have

iCloud Photo Library disabled. (Important).

My Photo Stream enabled.

iCloud Photo Sharing enabled.

User uploaded file

On your Mac the iPhoto iCloud preferences should be set to as shown in the following screenshot:

User uploaded file

The iPhone must be connected to the internet via WiFi. The Mac can be either WiFi or ethernet. As each photo is taken by the iPhone it will be added to the My Photo Stream and imported into the Event for that month.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 9:31 AM in response to noladdd

Yes, it can be done with My Photo Stream.

For this to happen you need to have iOS 8 on the iPhone and have

iCloud Photo Library disabled. (Important).

My Photo Stream enabled.

iCloud Photo Sharing enabled.

User uploaded file

On your Mac the iPhoto iCloud preferences should be set to as shown in the following screenshot:

User uploaded file

The iPhone must be connected to the internet via WiFi. The Mac can be either WiFi or ethernet. As each photo is taken by the iPhone it will be added to the My Photo Stream and imported into the Event for that month.

User uploaded file

can imac import photos from iphone 6 without using usb?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.