Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authentication Failed A server error occurred

I currently cannot connect to the internet no matter what on my iphone 5c. I searched my problem on line and it told me to restore my iphone.However, in order to restore my iphone i must turn off Find my iphone in the icloud settings but when ever i go to my icloud settings i get a server error. Whats happening and how do i fix my phone? Also if i restore my iphone will i lose all my music if its not on itunes? please help thanks

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:18 AM

Hello george14444,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you need to remove a device from Find My iPhone not using the device. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

1. Sign in to icloud.com/#find with your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud).

If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.

If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.

2. Click All Devices, then select the device.

3. Click Erase [device], then enter your Apple ID password. Because the device isn’t lost, don’t enter a phone number or message.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

You can use iCloud or iTunes to back up the content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 6:18 AM in response to george14444

Hello george14444,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you need to remove a device from Find My iPhone not using the device. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

1. Sign in to icloud.com/#find with your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud).

If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.

If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.

2. Click All Devices, then select the device.

3. Click Erase [device], then enter your Apple ID password. Because the device isn’t lost, don’t enter a phone number or message.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

You can use iCloud or iTunes to back up the content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Authentication Failed A server error occurred

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.