Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 5gen screen jumping around & ghost-touching

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for any help. I bought my iPod Touch 5th generation in Oct 2014, second hand but legit from eBay. Recently I dropped it and the screen had to be replaced as it was completely unresponsive after the fall though did not smash.

After it was 'fixed' I realised it wasn't the same as before - when pressing the screen, often no touch is registered and I have to press it 10 times before it does what I want. More often though, it is as if it has a mind of its own - ghost-touching - and will open up apps, type random letters into message boxes, play songs on Spotify and navigate through apps without me even touching the screen.

I have no screen protector on it and did recently upgrade the software just after I got it back from the phone repair shop. The repair only cost £50 ($75) so it might be they used a crap glass, though it looks perfect to the eye.

iPod Touch 5th Generation (2012)

model MD717BT/A

iOS 8.2

iPod touch, iOS 8.2, Has replacement (non-Apple?) screen

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 5:02 AM

3 replies

Apr 3, 2015 6:32 AM in response to Skydiver119

I decided against it, I just don't have the time to go to another city (London) where the iPod screen got replaced, and have to deal with a bunch of tossbag robbers. I didn't want to take a risk with the overpriced and unreliable postal service given my time constraints as it's more important I have the ipod with me. I am leaving the country I live in (UK) in 4 days, and it's Easter now so nothing works in the UK, and just want to get it back to being reliable before I leave long term. This is how it works https://youtu.be/9_TcfOXQssg - other times it works fine. Any practical advice anyone has would be appreciated.

iPod 5gen screen jumping around & ghost-touching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.