Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad has 1149 songs on it. My iPhone has 489 songs on it. How do I get both devices to have the same songs?

My iPad has 1149 songs on it. My iPhone has 489 songs on it. How do I get both devices to have the same songs?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.0.2, iPhone is 4 with iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 6:09 AM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2015 6:12 AM in response to cliefellow

Hey cliefellow,

One way to make sure you get the same content on your iOS devices such as your iPad and iPhone is to set up syncing with your computer so that each device syncs the same content. Depending on the amount of space available on each device and how much content you have, this may or may not be possible. This article explains how to sync content from your computer and how to select particualr content for syncing -

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing,

Brett L

May 15, 2015 10:01 AM in response to Brett L

Bret L,

Thanks for your reply. In the past I've attempted to sync the devices via USB cable. However, when I attempt this method the first iTunes does is tell me that the device will be erased and all songs will be lost. That's fine for the iPhone, but I can't have that on the iPad.

I'm not sure what changed, but in the past when I purchased a song via the iTunes store or added music via iTunes (importing one of my CD's), that music showed up on both devices within seconds. Now that doesn't appear to happen. And, as previously stated, the new iPhone only syncd the music which was purchased via the iTunes store.

Any idea?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.