Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No connection to Time Capsule router after restoring backup

I had a hard disk failure in Macbook Pro and the disk was replaced with fresh Yosemite 10.10. The Macbook Pro had Mavericks before the crash. I use a Time Capsule as router for several laptops, Ipads and mobile phones and for Time Machine backups and it works fine. Restoring the system from Time Machine backup to the Mackbook Pro by WiFi went fine. Took some 7-8 hours overnight. The problem with the Macbook Pro is now that it cannot locate the Time Capsule either with WiFi or Ethernet connection and cannot connect to internet. I can detect the restored Macbook Pro using the Airport Utility of a Macbook Air with OS 10.7.5. I can detect the Time Capsule and even modify its settings using the Airport Utility of the Macbook Pro by using the Time Capsule address. But the Airport Utility of the Macbook Pro still keeps on searching the configured base station, that is the Time Capsule. So, this is not a hardware problem, but some settings in the Macbook Pro. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 6:17 AM

There are no replies.

No connection to Time Capsule router after restoring backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.