Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes moved to Time Capsule error 13010.

Hi, I am hoping for some brighter minds than mine for some help.

I have recently moved my iTunes library to my Time Capsule to free up space on my MBP hard drive, it took me a while to do this and get it all running, but through a lot of research I managed to do this and it has been running fine for a week or so. But upon opening iTunes today I was welcomed with the error message 13010. Looked around on the web for some help, found lots of threads saying to delete iTunes Library Genius.itdb,iTunes Library.itl,iTunes Library Extras.itdb , now i have done this and re-scanned for media I only have the music i have purchased from iTunes directly, not my whole library.

CAN ANYONE HELP?

Many thanks.

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 5:29 AM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 6:46 AM in response to starskyinspace

It is possible that one of the gurus in the iTunes support forum might know some secrets that would help....see link below.....but I think that all that you can do is copy the iTunes library over again from your backup drive to the Time Capsule and hope for the best.

iTunes

It would be a good idea to keep your backup of the library up to date though, as you will likely need it again.

In general....and in my opinion.....it is not a good idea to try to run any "working" library from a network drive like the Time Capsule, since the Time Capsule was designed to store backups, nothing more. It is not the same as another USB drive or FireWire drive that is connected directly to your Mac.

iTunes moved to Time Capsule error 13010.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.