Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clips do not load into iMovie Project Browser

I have imported a full feature Creative Commons movie into iMovie to edit for a short music video. It downloaded in MP4 format and originally loaded into the Project browser but would not let me split clips. I've tried converting it to .MOV in MPEG Streamclip and now the clips don’t even show up in the Project Browser. I see the clips in the Event Browser but they will not load into Project Browser. I've tried converting it to .MOV in Quicktime where I was able to split a clip. I then tried to import that whole movie file into iMovie but it won’t import. What am I doing wrong?

iMovie 10, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 5:37 AM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 12:25 PM in response to Rfre

When I have the iMovie Library (with the sub-file which iMovie-generated titled of “2015”) selected in the Sidebar the clips show in the Event Browser window but not in Project Browser window. The sub-file to “2015” is my movie name. When I select this file, the Event Browser goes black with white-lettered words: “No clips found.” There are no clips in the Project Browser as well.

Clips do not load into iMovie Project Browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.