Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i turn on my macbook pro my login isn't there. if i login to my husband and log him out then my login will appear! what is going on? i am the admin on my computer.

I recently tried a migration on my new macbook pro. Big mistake! I canceled it after it said it would take 14+ hours, but in that time I managed to delete all kinds of stuff Blah blah lesson learned. Meanwhile, when I turn on my mac, my login isn't there. Guest and my husband are there, but not mine. If I login to my husband and log him out then mine appears. Why is this? What do I need to do? Oh and I am the admin on my mac.

iPhone 4S, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:07 AM

2 replies

Mar 28, 2015 3:25 PM in response to Nicolefromin

If you've activated FileVault, only the users that were authorized to unlock the startup volume will appear in the pre-startup authentication dialog. Once the system has started up, all users will appear in the login dialog.

To authorize more users after the volume has been encrypted, select the FileVault tab in the Security & Privacy preference pane. Click the lock icon in the lower left corner and authenticate to unlock the settings, if necessary. Click Enable Users...

You should only enable users whom you trust implicitly with all data on the system, not just their own data.

when i turn on my macbook pro my login isn't there. if i login to my husband and log him out then my login will appear! what is going on? i am the admin on my computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.