Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why the music files that I recently downloaded form iTunes don't have copyright in the info?

The music that I recently downloaded are all like this:

User uploaded file

As the snipped picture shows, there is no 'copyright' in the info.

However, just before one month ago, there were included in the information.

User uploaded file

I know it doesn't matter, but I really want the music that I purchase have the complete information.

Hope you guys can help me to fi

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 9:49 AM

Mr. Ting,

That question has been raised several times recently, so it appears that the iTunes Store no longer consistently adds that information.

The copyright field cannot be user-edited in iTunes, so I am not aware of a way to add it when it is missing.

2 replies

Mar 28, 2015 10:07 PM in response to ed2345

So far, I know that I can use Foobar2000 to edit the file and add the copyright, but this method will change the size of the file. I am not sure this change of size will possible affect the quality of music or not. That is why I am looking forward to fix the problem on iTunes without change anything of the file itself.

Thanks for your reply though.

Why the music files that I recently downloaded form iTunes don't have copyright in the info?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.