Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loops only playing snippets

Hello. I just upgraded to Logic Pro X from Logic Studio v9. It's taking some getting used to, but I am starting to find my way around and get my preferences back to where I was with v9 (or as close as it will allow). Anyway, I am trying to utilize/preview some Loops as I have done many times before, and whereas they would previously preview for a full bar, now all of them are playing for maybe a half a second when I click on them in the media folder. I tried re-indexing and that didn't work. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 6:50 AM

I figured it out: for some reason, if you click on the name of the loop in the browser, it only plays a half second snippet, but if you click on the icon to the left of it, it plays the whole bar. However, for those "clicky"/impatient people like me, if you double click on the icon, it only plays a half a second as well. I don't remember it being like this in v.9. Weird.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 6:50 AM in response to Freedspeak

I figured it out: for some reason, if you click on the name of the loop in the browser, it only plays a half second snippet, but if you click on the icon to the left of it, it plays the whole bar. However, for those "clicky"/impatient people like me, if you double click on the icon, it only plays a half a second as well. I don't remember it being like this in v.9. Weird.

Loops only playing snippets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.