Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I download an older version of imovie?

I have a early 2008 imac OSX yosemite 10.10.2. I want to use imovie but don't currently have it. Don't have the disk anymore either. I tried downloading the app but it's the 10. version of imovie which has been crashing. Is there a way to download the older version of imovie?

iBook

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:20 AM

7 replies

Mar 28, 2015 11:53 AM in response to khaugrud

You can purchase iMovie HD 06 or iMovie 09 on Amazon as part of iLife.

IMovie HD 06 is by far my favorite version of iMovie. However, be prepared to pay about twice the price for this version, yes it's that good !

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iLife-Mac-DVD-VERSION/dp/B0007LW22G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UT F8&qid=1427568661&sr=8-1&keywords=ilife+06

The version of iDVD that comes with iLife 06 is perfectly fine. However iDVD 09 is the best. I know this is not an economical way to go but by purchasing iLife 06 and iLife 09, but you have a great movie creating system.

Mar 29, 2015 9:34 AM in response to Ziatron

Do you know how I can install iMovie 09 on a Mac running OS 10.10.2 that has iMovie 10 already installed? I had my operating system upgraded, but I didn't realize the Apple Store would remove all of my older programs. I prefer the features of the older version of iMovie to iMovie 10. I purchased iLife 09 from Amazon and installed iDVD, but when I tried to install iMovie 09 it wouldn't install because it detected the newer version. Help....

Apr 7, 2015 7:23 AM in response to thesurreyfriends

Thanks for replying. I looked in the Applications folder, the only iMovie I see is iMovie 10.0.7. I don't see any other folders that could have the older programs in it. I know on an older Mac that I had the operating system upgraded, the Apple guy put all of my older stuff in a separate folder. It looks like this latest Apple person just trashed all of my older programs. This is so frustrating. I guess I'll have to call or take the computer in to Apple.

Thanks for reminding me to look to see if they saved them.

Can I download an older version of imovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.