Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Artist has name in my library twice

I'm in my iTunes library and noticed that one of my artists (Game) is separated from his own name. There are now 2 Artists showing Game. I tried selecting the songs and changing them to the same name but they were already the same. Even album artist is the same.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), iTunes 12

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:52 AM

Check also the values of Sort Artist and Sort Album Artist associated with this artist. It could be that one item has a different value causing this duplication. If those appear to be consistent then it could be a hidden trailing space in one of the fields for the some of the tracks.

If nothing obvious comes up change all four fields for all the relevant tracks to say GameX, apply the change, and then correct back to Game.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 8:52 AM in response to KNUCKLEZ415

Check also the values of Sort Artist and Sort Album Artist associated with this artist. It could be that one item has a different value causing this duplication. If those appear to be consistent then it could be a hidden trailing space in one of the fields for the some of the tracks.

If nothing obvious comes up change all four fields for all the relevant tracks to say GameX, apply the change, and then correct back to Game.

tt2

Artist has name in my library twice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.