Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i fix the blocked plug ins issue?

This is happening all the time now where I can't even watch a video on facebook. How do I take care of this problem?

iMac, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:51 AM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2015 9:56 AM in response to Gekahawk

Most latest versions of popular browsers are disabling All plug-ins at App launch if present from previous versions. QT, Flash, et al are gone in compliance with the Specification HTML5. It is these forward thinking and leaning browser developers way of telling the 'keep the status quo' to folk 'get with the program'. Apple used to do quite a bit of leading by example in innovation and early adoption.

You fix the blocked plug-in issue by not visiting websites that don't comply with your HTML5 browsers requirement - or use a older browser version that still has plug-in support

ÇÇÇ

Mar 28, 2015 10:11 AM in response to Gekahawk

a. If you get a warning of a "blocked" or "outdated" plug-in, then select the Security tab in the Safari preferences window. In the list of plugins on the left, there should be one—and only one—entry for "Adobe Flash Player," showing the same version number that you installed. Select that entry. On the right there will be a list of websites for which you have specifically allowed Flash, if any. It's normal for the list to be empty. Below that is a menu labeled

When visiting other websites

From that menu, select either Allow or Ask.

b. If you still get the alerts, then go back to the Flash Player preference pane and select the Advanced tab. Click Check Now. Quit and relaunch the browser.

c. If the alerts still persist, triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources

Right-click or control-click the highlighted text and select

Services ▹ Open

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open. Inside it, there should be a file named "XProtect.meta.plist". If that file is missing and you know why it's missing, restore it from a backup or copy it from another Mac running the same version of OS X. Otherwise, reinstall OS X.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

how do i fix the blocked plug ins issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.