Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble downloading apps .

I restored my ipod 4th gen and now I can't download basic apps like Facebook or Instargam because they are for ios 7 only, please help !

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 9:18 AM

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 9:18 AM in response to amyvictoriaa_

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

Trouble downloading apps .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.