Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I move my PC (Windows 7) iTunes library (with my cps ripped) to my Mac iTunes library?

Just for my curiosity and knowledge,

• I have a PC (Windows 7) and a Mac (OS X 10.10).
  • Both of them with the latest version of iTunes.
  • Both of them with the exact music library (genre, artist, album, etc).
  • All my music is coming from iTunes Store, so very easy to re download at any time I want with my Apple ID

My PC (Windows 7) computer has a CD/DVD drive. I would like to RIP some music from my CDs and add them to my PC (Windows 7) iTunes library.

Once I finished, how can I move my PC (Windows 7) iTunes library (with my cps ripped) to my Mac iTunes library?

Thank you so much

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 7:30 AM

2 replies

Mar 28, 2015 7:38 AM in response to fabio168

If you've downloaded the media idependently to each library so far then thet won't be exactly the same as there are different naming rules for the files and folders in OS X and Windows. See Make a split library portable for some general advice. You can move a portable library between Mac and Windows, but there is a delay opening the library after each change of OS.

tt2

how can I move my PC (Windows 7) iTunes library (with my cps ripped) to my Mac iTunes library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.