Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Logs me out when sleeping

My iMac (hardware details below) has just begun logging me out when it goes to sleep. After 5 minutes of inactivity the screen saver comes on, then after a short while, don't know exactly how long but within 15-30 minutes the screen will go dark. When I go back to the computer I click the mouse to "wake" it up and it takes me to the login screen. When I wake it up I have to login, then it automatically opens MOST (but sometimes not all) applications I had open before it went to sleep.

All of the solutions I found say:

"Try going to: System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> (click the Lock icon and unlock if necessary) -> click "Advanced Button" (bottom right corner) then un-tick the "Log out after ... minutes of inactivity"

This is NOT the issue. That box is NOT checked and never has been.

User uploaded file

What else could be causing this? Could it be under "Energy Saver"? Here are my settings:

User uploaded file

Follow-up question: Can I/Should I check the "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" box to make them last longer?

Thank you for any help you have!!

iMac Details

• iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010)
  • 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3
  • Running OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.2

iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:28 AM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 9:55 AM in response to palmerku

hey there,Yep I am having the same issue. I do get a crash log and was hoping someone might take a look to see if there is a reason for this. The iMac seems to run just fine when up but when I come back from some time away I am logged out. Sometimes the restart logout Shut down buttons are not being rendered properly. I just wanted you to know someone else is working on this too. Please keep me posted on what you find palmerku..

iMac Logs me out when sleeping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.