Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i keep files from doubling upon import in FCP.

I have an optimized folder that is copying my files when i have the "do not copy" box checked. I have a 2 hr project at about 400 gb... any suggestions. I have the boxes checked that should leave the files where they are and i assumed they made a link like in adobe products to the original file. However my hd space is rapidly decreasing. I can't imagine that the folder should be this large, i am working with four angles in a multi cam edit, would doing a straight edit with no multi cam help? Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 7:41 AM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2015 9:12 AM in response to stephenmead1983

So you created optimized media and proxy files on import. That's going to generate of lot of files, and in the case of optimized media, very large files. You can use the Delete Generated Files function at any time. Only optimize or proxy if you rally need to. If you have problems playing complex multicam clips, and don't have the resources or speed and size to support optimized media, I'd suggest using proxy media instead.

how do i keep files from doubling upon import in FCP.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.