Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync issues from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6

I just bought an iPhone 6 and plugged it on my laptop, but I hadn't realised I hadn't synced my iPhone 5 since Sep 14 (I don't use iCloud), so my new phone got all the datas up until Sept 14 only. New apps were not a problem as I was able to retrieve them, but I can't get my texts and pictures between Sep 14 to now to go on my new phone. I tried to do a sync from my iPhone 5 to my laptop and then again a sync to my iPhone 6 but it stubbornly will not update itself with all the datas missing. What to do?

MacBook

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 9:02 AM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2015 6:42 AM in response to laurent48

Howdy laurent48,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that your iPhone 5 has not been backed up in iTunes for a while, and you want to restore all of your current information from your previous iPhone to your new iPhone. To accomplish this, simply back up your iPhone 5 in iTunes, and then restore from that most recent backup to your iPhone 6.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

Mar 31, 2015 2:52 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi Alex

Thank you very much for your response. But I am still struggling. I did what you suggested and backed up my iPhone 5 in iTunes, and then restored from that back up to my iPhone 6, but it is still not working. When trying to back up my old phone, none of my pictures taken and texts stored on my iPhone 5 between Sep 14 (the time of my last back up) are getting transferred onto my mac, and and as a result, onto my new iPhone 6.

It seems as if, by plugging my iPhone 6 before doing a more recent back up from my iPhone 5, something got corrupted along the way, and I'm at loss at what to do. I could restore my iPhone 6 to its original factory settings and wipe out all the info, and start again, but it still wouldn't help as my mac won't back up any data from my iPhone 5 from Sep 14 to March 15.

What should I do?!

Thanks in advance

Laurent

Sync issues from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.