Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share my location not showing my location

My son and I would like to share our locations with each other. He is able to share his location with me, in iMessage, and I can see him all the time. When I click on "Share my location" and "share indefinitely", he can never see me. It only states "location unavailable" when he clicks on the details of our iMessage. I've tried sharing my location with other iPhone users and they also cannot see me, but I can see them. If he goes to Find My iPhone and puts in my apple ID, he can see me through there. There must be a setting somewhere on my phone that is blocking him from seeing me in iMessage, but not in Find My iPhone. We both have an iPhone 6 with the latest update. Please help.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:47 AM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2015 6:50 AM in response to gregfromsunbury

Greetings gregfromsunbury,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you scan see your son’s location while sharing though Messages, but he cannot see yours. To begin troubleshooting, on your iPhone, I would suggest following the steps in the attached article to ensure that Share My Location is turned on for your phone. Please use the attached article as a resource and let me know if the issue continues.

Send messages with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

Share my location not showing my location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.