Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp: The Windows support software could not be saved to the selected drive

Hi All,

I am very frustrated with instalation Win 7 to my iMac 27 (late 2013). I have updated to latest Yosemite and updated all the App Store apps to Their latest version.

I have WIN 7 iso copied to Mac HDD and 20 GB USB Flash (no USB3) connected. Opened Bootcamp and selected all three options and Continued. See below displayed. When progress is around 60%. I repeated the same for 5 times and tried it-even after restarting the Mac. But, the same error keeps popping up.

User uploaded file

Where is the problem? Thank you in advance for your help.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:39 AM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 8:50 AM in response to st.martin

The problem is related to Apple CDN servers that distribute the software. It is recommended that you do this via a wired connection, because it is much faster and reliable.

The software can be downloaded using System requirements to install Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp - Apple Support and a USB2 flash drive manually. If you choose this method, your Apple hardware (BT Keyboard/Mouse) will not work during Windows installation, you will need a USB2 Wired keyboard/mouse. The display may also be an issue.

You may want to check if there are any apple.com entries in /etc/hosts or private/etc/hosts using OSX Terminal.

Bootcamp: The Windows support software could not be saved to the selected drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.