Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 5 cannot be opened ??

Does this make sense ? On my iMac I have defined multiple users and one of them has the Motion5 app opened. Now I want to use the app on my account and with any other app that is perfectly possible: multiple users have the same app open. It is so obvious, I never even gave it a second thought. But Motion 5 appears to be different, because if I try to open it, I get this message saying I cannot, because "someone else is using it". Yeah, so what ?

I have been looking around on the internet and found no hits on this issue, so I appear to be the only one having this problem so it's probably my fault, but what can I do about it ?

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Time Capsule

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 10:05 AM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2015 8:15 PM in response to dinky2

That is how Motion and most apps work. Unless an app is coded to open multiple instances of itself, only one instance can be launched and running. Different user accounts still run on one computer, one instance of an app on one computer, that's it. The other users will have to learn to quite all apps before logging out of their account.

Motion 5 cannot be opened ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.