Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery replacement

Hi,

THE nature of my job compels me to travel around the world , I own an iPhone 5, 4s and an ipad 4, recently I noticed that my 5 has some battery issues went online to search and found an update about apple replacement program, I am eligible for this program as verified from my serial number but the Apple service centre in India said that they can not replace it as I have purchased the device outside India.

Till now I have found the phone to be brilliant and service is also good, but to limit such options for a universal phone is dampening my hope to stick with Apple for my next device.

I think the Apple service is something that gives a premium feeling and hope that I can get my battery replaced under this program from India.

Thanks

iPhone 5

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 10:24 AM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2015 10:29 AM in response to Schnieder9

This is not an Apple limitation but a limitation related to international laws. Your warranty is only enforceable in the country of purchase. Another country may or may not accept the warranty, and they are not required to do so. You will find this is an issue regardless of what you purchase. Just because you are unhappy and haven't bothered to read your warranty is not Apple's fault.

iDevice batteries cannot be simply replaced. They are not carried in store inventories. Your device is returned to an Apple repair depot for such a need.

Mar 29, 2015 3:23 AM in response to Kappy

Well creating a faulty device and asking a premium from the consumer not apple's fault. Creating a recovery program with strings attached not apple's fault at all. If they can sell products and service in my country then they should be liable to take care of all the consumers.

Not the ethics to be displayed by the current most valued organisation on the planet.

If there are any obligations the company that values consumer experience above all, needs to work around it.

They can not say not my fault you forgot to read the fine print.

And I thought this place was to help apple consumers find a solution, feels more like 'I told you so' group.

Battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.