Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a fraudulent iCloud support email asking me to reverify my account information.

Everyone,

Please be aware I discovered an email scam with an email listed as from the iCloud support team.

The Reply to Address is: support@appleaccountcloud.**

The contents of the email said:

Apple/iCloud ID -

This is your final message to notify you as of 28 - March - 2015 that you have not reviewed your Apple Profile details. Under "Know your Customer" regulation Apple is required by law to perform a verification of your information, failure review your profile will end in deletion of your iCloud within the next two working business days.

Please proceed below to » Login to your iTunes ID

To stop the deletion of your Apple & iCloud proceed to your Apple ID profile page before the scheduled deletion time.

Resolution Support ID: #A12FHTI10142087136

Yours faithfully,

iGenius Assistance

The email looks legitimate and takes you to a site that you cannot tell from the actual apple site.

This is very scary as I almost fell for it. It is hard to distinguish from an apple site.

<Link Edited By Host>

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 7.0.6, null

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 9:26 AM

2 replies

Mar 28, 2015 9:28 AM in response to Big Big Dog

These are very common. The giveaway is that they don't address you by name - genuine Apple emails will always do this - and the links (which you can safely check by hovering over them in Mail) will be to non-Apple domains. You were right to be suspicious of it.

If you would like to report it to Apple you can forward it as an email attachment to reportphishing@apple.com

I received a fraudulent iCloud support email asking me to reverify my account information.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.