Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wats the difference between free and busy in the calendar?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 9:09 AM

Generally those settings would be use in a work situation where people might be looking to schedule meetings with multiple people. For example, I enter my work schedule into my calendar as "free" because I can still schedule work meetings during those times. However, if I schedule a conference call, I would schedule that as "busy" because I can't schedule anything else during that time. I might schedule an all day event such as a birthday as free as it has not bearing on my scheduling. However, I might schedule an all day/ multi-day event such as a days off or vacation as busy because I don't anyone thinking I'm available for work stuff.

Honestly, unless you're using it in collaboration with other people, it probably isn't going to be terribly useful to you.

Best of luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 9:09 AM in response to ronylouis

Generally those settings would be use in a work situation where people might be looking to schedule meetings with multiple people. For example, I enter my work schedule into my calendar as "free" because I can still schedule work meetings during those times. However, if I schedule a conference call, I would schedule that as "busy" because I can't schedule anything else during that time. I might schedule an all day event such as a birthday as free as it has not bearing on my scheduling. However, I might schedule an all day/ multi-day event such as a days off or vacation as busy because I don't anyone thinking I'm available for work stuff.

Honestly, unless you're using it in collaboration with other people, it probably isn't going to be terribly useful to you.

Best of luck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.