Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i formated my iphone 5s and when i tried to add a finger print it wasnt selectable and when i able using it when unlocking it takes me directly to failed!!!!!! somebody plz help me !!!!!

i formated my iphone 5s and when i tried to add a finger print it wasnt selectable and when i able using it when unlocking it takes me directly to failed!!!!!! somebody plz help me !!!!!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:45 PM

If you formatted the phone, that removes all of the recorded fingerprints. You will need to add fingerprints back on the phone for them to be used to unlock the device.

11 replies

Mar 30, 2015 9:21 AM in response to naldabal

Sounds like you had someone other than Apple work on the device. If that is the case, then any post-warranty support is void. As Johnathan said, if it wasn't worked on correctly, that would make a difference. Do you have Apple Support in your country, or does someone else do Authorized Apple service? Is that who worked on the device, or someone else? I think you answered my question anyway, since Apple does not change colors of phone. I believe you have ruined your device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.