Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost a really important file (an iText Express document) randomly and then one day, a "recovered file" folder popped up and I assume it has to do with that, but the file just contains a doc with a bunch of coding. What do I do with that? HELP!!!

As the title question states, I lost a really important file with iText Express. I've been using iText Express for a year or two now because it's just the one application I downloaded for writing and saving documents. I was working on one for a few months and randomly one day last month, when I went to open it to resume editing my work, the file was gone! I searched my whole laptop and trash. Then one day, a "Recovered Files" folder popped up in the area my file used to be, so I assumed that was the file I lost being recovered and I felt relieved. But when I opened the folder, the document inside was a "SoftwareMap" document with a bunch of coding written in it. I don't understand what I'm supposed to do with that or how it's going to help me recover my file?!? I lost SO much work!!! If anyone has ANY idea what to do, how this happened, or if the coding is supposed to help me recover my file, PLEASE help!!!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 11:29 AM

2 replies

I lost a really important file (an iText Express document) randomly and then one day, a "recovered file" folder popped up and I assume it has to do with that, but the file just contains a doc with a bunch of coding. What do I do with that? HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.