Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1000 songs on sync iTunes, but only 40+ shows up on phone

I just updated the iOS 8.2

Then I just added more songs after the update, so in total its about 1100+ songs. Then the next day I'm ready to go out for a walk, and only 40 of these songs showed up. But when I sync on the iTunes it shows I have all the 1100 songs on my phone, but they dont show up. This has happened before but the difference was all the songs were gone from my phone, but not on iTunes.

I hate iTunes for that. Every update it's a disaster...

HP, Windows Vista

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 10:51 AM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 2:13 PM in response to Pochinu

When the media on the device won't update as expected during a sync the method that usually works is this:

1. Export the contents of the camera roll. (You should do this routinely anyway.)
  2. Backup the device, unless you have a recent backup that you would prefer to restore.
  3. Restore as a new device. (The general restore process doesn't seem to clear things out before reloading, so there can be issues with missing artwork or incorrect capacity calculations.)
  4. Restore the chosen backup.

In some cases it might pay to use the recovery mode method given in HT201263: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch at step 3 to ensure that a device has been completely reset before reloading your content.

tt2

1000 songs on sync iTunes, but only 40+ shows up on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.