Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail View preferences aren't saved

Sheesh. What a day. I've spent much of it trying to get Apple Mail to sync properly with Gmail. Not entirely sure what got screwed up there, but it took a long time to sort out. I basically scrapped everything and then started again.

Much is working better now. However, I have encountered a new problem. Since I scrapped all the old preferences, I expected Mail to automatically create new preference files. I've customized the view a bit (turning off "Organize by conversation" in the View menu, and opting for Classic View in the preferences panel. However, when I quit and relaunch Mail, those preferences are gone -- reverting to the default.

Everything else is working normally. I've repaired permissions, and that didn't help.

Any thoughts??

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 11:48 AM

4 replies

Apple Mail View preferences aren't saved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.