Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was using my MacBook Pro and a pop up from remotetechsupportnotifications.com appeared and I can't close it or Safari. Help!

I'm running a 13 in 2012 MacBook Pro, using OS X Yosemite. I was streaming a TV show in Safari, and two tabs opened as well as two pop ups. The pop ups say:

Http:/remotetechsupportnotifications.com

WARNING: Mac OS X Customer - you may not be running recommended security protection. Call 877-815-5035 now for IMMEDIATE assistance.

I can't close the pop ups, the tabs, or Safari. Computer won't let me restart as it says "Safari interrupted restart. Please close Safari and try again." Which I can't because I can't close Safari.

Help!

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 11:38 AM

Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, close Safari, and then launch it with the Shift key held down. If that doesn't work, temporarily disconnect the computer from the Internet.

(125016)

3 replies

I was using my MacBook Pro and a pop up from remotetechsupportnotifications.com appeared and I can't close it or Safari. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.