Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to get an i7 late2011 logic board

My macbook pro 13" is having a fault with the logic board so I need to replace it and I wanna know where I can get a cheap and durable one. it's a 2.8GHz. Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 12:46 PM

Obviously the best thing to do, would be to have it repaired by Apple, that way you have a warranty on the repair (can't remember how long it is) and if anything goes wrong during the repair, it's their problem, not yours.

But, if you're looking at this from the cost side of things and you want to do it yourself, the only place you're likely to find one is on eBay.

What is wrong with the current logic board?

Thanks,
Oliver

Apple Certified Mac Technician

Apple Certified Associate - Mac Integration 10.9

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 12:46 PM in response to IbnNasirdeen

Obviously the best thing to do, would be to have it repaired by Apple, that way you have a warranty on the repair (can't remember how long it is) and if anything goes wrong during the repair, it's their problem, not yours.

But, if you're looking at this from the cost side of things and you want to do it yourself, the only place you're likely to find one is on eBay.

What is wrong with the current logic board?

Thanks,
Oliver

Mar 28, 2015 1:15 PM in response to OliverF99

I ran a diagnosis on the current logic board and was told that the chipset / IC for sound is faulty. What informed my request for a diagnosis is the fact that my mac sound doesn't come out from my mac and in fact doesn't sound even with a speaker or head phones.

I would definitely prefer an apple repair or even a swap for a 15" but I am in Nigeria and till now haven't heard of an apple shop or certified repair site in Nigeria.

Please advice on what my options are. I'll surf ebay to see as you said.

Mar 28, 2015 2:36 PM in response to IbnNasirdeen

Hi,

What diagnostics did you use? Apple Hardware Test?

As it doesn't come out of either the internal speakers or external speakers/headphones, it does sound as though this will require a logic board replacement.

If you contact Apple directly, you should be able to send it in for repair through them.

Thanks,
Oliver

Mar 29, 2015 8:30 AM in response to IbnNasirdeen

Okay, cool!

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

If you take a look at that link for contact information for Apple there, you should be able to find a contact number to get this sorted.

If it's a Late 2011 model, it shouldn't matter that you purchased it used.

Good luck!

Thanks,
Oliver

I need to get an i7 late2011 logic board

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.