Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone volume control software stuck

My iPhone volume is stuck so low that I can't hear it. I first started noticing the issue because my gps navigation voice muted and it wouldn't unmute via software buttons. Then I tried playing music via the YouTube app, no longer outputting through the speaker. So I tried altering my ring volume and it rang loud and clear.

The volume buttons on the left side of the phone don't affect the general volume level of the phone anymore. They click well and aren't stuck, and bring up the ringer symbol, but won't show volume incrementing in either direction. So I tried accessibility options to control volume that way, and the accessibility buttons dont alter the phone volume either up or down. I've never used headphones and the jack appears clean and dry.

Is this an 8.2 bug or is there a setting I'm missing? The only time I hear gps guidance anymore is when I'm talking on the phone, and it's incredibly soft. Speakerphone works fine in the phone app, so I don't think this is a hardware issue.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 10:08 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone volume control software stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.