Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export/import an iPhoto event with title

We have a collection of cruise pictures and my wife has done the editing on her MacAir. We now wish to move them to our desktop machine, an iMac. When we export to a folder and then import onto the iMac the event titles are missing. How do we maintain the title through this process? We are using iPhoto version 9.6.1.

Thanks

bc

several, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 12:59 PM

Export each event to a separate folder with the event name as the folder name set the subfolder format to the event name on export.

User uploaded file

On the other Mac import the folders with the command "File > Import to library" and select all folders at once.

This will import each folder as new event, with the folder name as the event name.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 12:59 PM in response to bunnz

Export each event to a separate folder with the event name as the folder name set the subfolder format to the event name on export.

User uploaded file

On the other Mac import the folders with the command "File > Import to library" and select all folders at once.

This will import each folder as new event, with the folder name as the event name.

Mar 28, 2015 2:13 PM in response to bunnz

You're welcome 🙂

You could also simply copy the iPhoto Library from your wife's MacBook Air to the iMac.

That would have the advantage, that the transfer would be lossless. If you export only the edited versions, the edits will be burned in and you cannot undo them on the iMac. Transferring the iPhoto Library would save the originals as well as the edits and metadata, all albums, etc.

And if you invest into iPhoto Library Manager you can merge the the events with the cruise pictures into your main library on your iMac. That is essentially what I am doing when returning from a trip with a new library full of edited vacation photos on my MacBook Pro. I transfer the library to the Mac with the main photo library and merge the new library into the main library.

iPhoto cannot merge libraries, but iPhoto Library Manager can. But you need the full paid version. Fat Cat Software – iPhoto Library Manager

Export/import an iPhoto event with title

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.