Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you get the MacBook Pro to quite chirping? Began after agreeing to continuity of IMessage between Mac, IPhone5s and IPad. Processor 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo;Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3;OS Yosemite Ver 10.10.2

How do you get the MacBook Pro to quit CHIRPING?

Problem began after I agreed to continuity of IMessaging between the Mac and my IPhone 5s and IPad this morning.

Mac Book Pro 15"

Processor 2.3 GHz IntelCore 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

L2 Cache 3M

OS X Yosemite ver 10.10.2

I went into Mac Settings>General> to uncheck handoff but there was nothing in that area to allow that

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), processor 2.4 GHz IntelCore 2 Duo

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 10:57 AM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2015 9:19 AM in response to Margjeni

Hello Margjeni,

It sounds like you have enabled iMessages between devices but don't want the notification sounds on your Mac. You can turn off the sounds for Messages and other apps in the Notifications System Preference.

Notifications preferences - Mac Help

To open Notifications preferences, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Notifications.

App notification preferences

To change an app’s notification preferences, select the app on the left, then change the preferences on the right.

Play sound for notifications Let the app play notification sounds.

Uncheck [ ] Play sound for notifications.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Nubz

How do you get the MacBook Pro to quite chirping? Began after agreeing to continuity of IMessage between Mac, IPhone5s and IPad. Processor 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo;Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3;OS Yosemite Ver 10.10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.