Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

double photo download

When I download my iPhone 6 pictures to my computer (iPhoto updated since purchased in '09), I end up with 2 copies of each photo. How do I make this stop happening? Thank you.

iPhone 6, Yosemite 10.10.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 12:54 PM

Before importing into iPhoto unplug the iPhone and plug it back in. That should clear the duplicates and provide a clean import.

User uploaded file

2 replies

Mar 28, 2015 2:03 PM in response to bernersrus

An add-on to Old Toad's advice:

When I download my iPhone 6 pictures to my computer (iPhoto updated since purchased in '09), I end up with 2 copies of each photo. How do I make this stop happening? Thank you.

If you have Photo Stream enabled, the reason for the duplicates is probably, that iPhoto is importing from the Photo Stream as well as from the Camera Roll. In that case it would help to launch the Camera.app on the iPhone and keep it open, while you download the photos. My Photo Stream does not upload, while the Camera.app is open on the iPhone.

If you are shooting HDR on your iPhone it is normal to download all photos twice. Then you are downloading the normal version in addition to the HRD version. This can be disabled in the settings, but I would not do it, because it is better to compare both versions on the Mac, before you decide which version to keep.

double photo download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.