Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO no audio. iTunes content works. Help!

I run Netflix, Hulu and HBO GO through my Apple TV and it has always worked until now. Suddenly there is no audio with those services, the video is fine. I can also hear the Apple TV sound effects fine (bloop bloop). Even stranger, content that came from the iTunes store (movies or shows) works perfectly.

I can access Netflix via my Tivo but not the other services. Netflix works via Tivo.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2015 9:18 PM

I had this same problem, but was able to fix it by doing the following: Go to Settings on your Apple TV. Go into "Audio & Video." Turn Dolby Digital off. Having it on prevents stereo sound via the HDMI cable when using HBO GO without a surround sound system to decode the signal. Hopefully that fixes it for you too.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2015 9:18 PM in response to Gmarshman

I had this same problem, but was able to fix it by doing the following: Go to Settings on your Apple TV. Go into "Audio & Video." Turn Dolby Digital off. Having it on prevents stereo sound via the HDMI cable when using HBO GO without a surround sound system to decode the signal. Hopefully that fixes it for you too.

Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO no audio. iTunes content works. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.