Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 plus won't autoplay music when connecting to Bluetooth

When I get into my car, my phone connects to my stereo through bluetooth automatically, but the iPhone won't play music. Instead the music is paused. So I manually have to hit the play button. I checked the settings on my radio and there is nothing about auto playing music. I had a Samsung Note 3 that did the same thing, but there was an option in the app that enabled "Autoplay on connect". I don't see anything like that on my iPhone 6 plus.

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:03 PM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2015 10:22 AM in response to slitka

Hi slitka,

It seems you are experiencing an issue when connecting to a Bluetooth device. That can certainly be frustrating. The following articles may help you find a solution:

iOS: Troubleshooting Bluetooth connections - Apple Support

If your device is still experiencing issues

If the steps above have not resolved the Bluetooth behavior you are experiencing, perform a software restore in iTunes.

If the issue persists after restoring your iOS device in iTunes, contact Apple for support and service options.

Notes:

1. If needed, refer to your Bluetooth accessory documentation or manufacturer for assistance.
  2. Some Bluetooth accessories may require a firmware update for full compatibility with iOS devices such as a firmware update for AVRCP 1.4 Bluetooth compatibility.

If you can’t use a Bluetooth accessory or car kit - Apple Support

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

Iphone 6 plus won't autoplay music when connecting to Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.