Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac faulted, Apple store didn't care

My iMac screen went black, and when I switch it on it chimes and goes black within a few seconds. He said my display failed. I asked how much it would cost for Apple to repair it, he said Apple won't touch it now as it's too old. It's the mid 2007 model. I was told cheekily told to get a new computer, second hand if price is an issue. I asked whether he could check if my hard drive was ok. He connected my iMac to a computer and the computer recognised my HD but it wouldn't mount it. I was also referred to a data recovery site.

I'm very unhappy that Apple doesn't seem to care about customers when faults arise. How can I fix this computer? I need my hard drive 😟 Travelled all the way to the Apple store 2x and waited a week for an appointment for advise worse than what I got over the phone.

iMac, faults, hard drive

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 11:50 AM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2015 11:54 AM in response to starlight01

How, exactly, did Apple no care about you? You were informed your computer could not be repaired because it was too old, meaning they don't have nor can the obtain parts for it. They checked your drive and referred you to a data recovery service. They recommended you get a new computer. Seems like they gave you all the available options.

iMac faulted, Apple store didn't care

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.