Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I export files with varispeed on and have them play at the new tempo?

When I try this, the resulting files play at the original project tempo! not the new tempo. The files I'm exporting were bounced-in-place in Logic X. Does anyone out there have experience with this situation? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Andy

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 12:26 PM

7 replies

Jan 16, 2016 2:32 PM in response to Pancenter

Thanks all. I wish I could tell you what I did that eventually got me through that particular technological nightmare but the truth is that it was so long ago and I tried so many things that I can't remember what actually worked! What I do remember is resolving never to use varispeed again. I just don't understand it and apparently there are better ways to accomplish what I was trying to do. The best way is just to record the **** song at the correct tempo to begin with. My issues started when I decided to keep audio tracks I recorded at one tempo and begin adding more audio tracks at a different tempo.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I wish I could be of more help to anyone else struggling with this sort of issue.

Jan 17, 2016 4:18 PM in response to dulcimer

Varispeed is very cool and I use it all the time to slow down projects tempos. It is playback function. You are bouncing the original audio and tempo - it will sound faster or slower based on the varispeed setting but just as the original track will sound faster or slower so will the bounce.... however the original has not changed. Here are the steps...( oh and remember though, if you bounce a mix - you will get the varispeed playback.... so for example if you have 5 tracks and you you slow down by 20 bpm - when you do a full bounce - the resulting file will have the adjusted tempo of the varispeed setting. So if you want a single track or region.... just mute the others and do a full bounce ( consider that your export).

If you truly for some reason want to do a regular export with the varispeed effect.... here are the steps ( I will just use one track for explanatory purposes but it applies regardless).

1/ Bring in your audio

2/ Turn on varispeed and set to what you want. ( remember the bpm)

3/ You can turn varispeed off now.

4/ highlight the track or region in you want to export.

5/ track-tempo- beat detection. on the region/track you select above... ( you don't need any options just run the command) when done....

6/ In the region inspector -> check follow temp & pitch (this won't be there until you do step 5 unless you external audio had tempo information in it already)

7/ Change the BPM of the project to whatever BPM varispeed was at prior to turning it off....

8/ playback the track to comfirm it is now at the adjusted tempo

9/ Export audio.

Export will reflect new speed..

You can also do it with flex - but let's start with this first. Let me know if in fact the above procedure did in fact answer you question....

How can I export files with varispeed on and have them play at the new tempo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.