Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

re-upgrade

I had bough a Macbook Pro 15-inch mid 2012 (C0*****V35) second hand by other people then i upgrade to IOS Yosimete then i found out that my Macbook i bough is lock by ICloud 4digit.then i send it to service to remove it now is back to original version.i wonder what if i upgrade to Yosimete again then my device will lock again or not. then How to i remove this code forever.

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Serial Number C0*****V35

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 12:20 PM

6 replies

Mar 28, 2015 3:45 PM in response to Lam Hoang Hai

This is not uncommon. People are not aware that if they want to sell or give away their Mac, they have to "prepare" the Mac for it. You will need the cooperation of the Original Owner who registered the MacBook Pro. They missed all or part of this > What to do before selling or giving away your Mac - Apple Support

Read this thoroughly and contact the previous owner > iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

ÇÇÇ

Mar 29, 2015 8:15 AM in response to Lam Hoang Hai

If you are signing in with your own Apple ID and Mountain Lion shows under your purchases as well as Yosemite available as a free upgrade/update, then you are good as you will be downloading that under your own Apple ID.

As long as that works, you should be fine although the previous owner most likely also did not remove the machine from here (although, once it is out of warranty, it is not that important, but if you do have a contact for the seller, ask him to do so as that will un-associate the machine from his Apple ID):

https://daw.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/DSAuthWeb.woa/wa/classicLogin?appIdKey= 58ef9db8ff4d201409e7270a68e4408ae1678e1618204c476572a1b5e5fb3518&path&language=U S-EN

There is a process - and I would think that Apple used that on your machine - called internet recovery: you boot up with the Command + Option + R keys held down until you see a spinning globe; it takes +/- 15 minutes to be connected to Apple's servers. If you then use the Disk Utility in the Utilities screen to erase your drive, when finished you can reinstall the original OS (if Lion and later). That OS is not tied to an Apple ID until you first install/set it up with yours. That, by the way, is also the process you must use when selling the machine as it can be sold with the original OS, but any downloads from the app store (including the OS) are not transferable so they must be removed.

On a totally different note - you bought a mid 2012 - is that a retina model? If so, check this:

http://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

Mar 29, 2015 9:46 AM in response to Lam Hoang Hai

If the Apple store did it correctly when they helped you, then you should not have a problem.

To make sure, use the internet recovery process I described in my last post. Boot with internet recovery, erase your hard drive and then reinstall the OS. That will definitely be with your Apple ID, so you don't have to worry about it.

re-upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.