Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The Bootcamp Assistent can not be used

Hello everybody,

I have following problem and hope you could help me with solving it! 2 months ago I used to have Mavericks OS and Windows 7 on the Bootcamp partition. After that I updated my Mac OS to 10.10 Yosemite, everything seems to work fine except one thing: when I run Bootcamp application on Mac OS i get following message - ("The Bootcamp Assistent can not be used", This Mac does not support Bootcamp).

1) 1st question: why do I get this error, and how could I fix it?

2) 2nd question: I would like to uninstall all my operating systems ( Mac OS and Windows), so I will firstly delete both, and install Mac Yosemite. After I will get clear Mac Yosemite installation will I be able to run Bootcamp application or it will be possible?

P.S There will be Screenshot of that error!

Thank you in advance for your ideas and help!

Best regards,User uploaded file

Eugen

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 1:29 PM

Please reset SMC - Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) - Apple Support and NVRAM - How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support and test.

In Disk Utility Repair Disk and Repair Permissions.

1 reply

"The Bootcamp Assistent can not be used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.