Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your Local Network Topology?

Hello Apple Support Communities, 🙂

My iTunes, Aperture and Lightroom files - and most other data/media files - reside on a dRobo S connected to an early 2009 iMac.

I usually view downloaded iTunes movies and TV shows on a Television via the Apple TV platform that can see my desktop iTunes library over wifi.

Some niggling issues I am hoping to resolve:

1) I am tired of having to boot up the iMac every time I want to view a movie on Television via the AppleTV over a wifi connection to the iMac and I'm wondering how other people out there in this Apple Support Community may have resolved this.

2) I also find the dRobo S fan noise distracting and am seeking a quiet data storage solution and I am again wondering how others have resolved similar noise issues.

Can I transfer the iTunes library from the dRobo S to a quiet non-RAID HDD connected and plug this directly into my Apple TV or would I have to place a Mac Mini between the data drive and the Apple TV?

Any tips appreciated.

Maybe I should book in to see an "Apple Genius" - or whatever they are called - but visiting the Apple Store raises my Anxiety levels.

Thank you. 🙂

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:58 PM

There are no replies.

Your Local Network Topology?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.