Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

full screen record in quicktime

How do I get Quicktime to record a full screen video that is already in the full screen mode. I "simply" want to know the sequence of how to engage Quicktime to record a full screen video if that's possible.

thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 5:26 PM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2015 11:06 AM in response to APPLEAL

Hi APPLEAL,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you want to record the screen using QuickTime. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

QuickTime Player 10.x: Record your computer’s screen

1. In QuickTime Player, choose File > New Screen Recording.
  2. Choose options for the screen recording from the arrow pop-up menu.

1. If you want to record the entire screen, click anywhere on the screen to start the recording.

2. To stop the recording, click the Stop button, or press Command-Control-Escape.

Cheers,

Mario

Mar 31, 2015 4:57 PM in response to mario49

If I choose a video and click on the full screen icon embedded in most/all videos pictured below, the full screen of that video will play. How do I capture the full screen of that video, since I am unable to select another application when in the full screen mode to be able to go to Quicktime and ask it to record this full screen video

User uploaded file

Thanks

full screen record in quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.