Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best CD for recording tracks from Garageband and iTunes?

I don't often record anything to CDs and I'm a newbie to Garageband. In the past when I've wanted to record something in iTunes on to a CD, I've run in to problems such as (1) the CD will record a tune, but if you then remove it for a time or shut down iTunes, you can't record anything else on that disk even though there's a lot of room left on the disk — you have to record everything at one sitting or you're locked out; (2) the CD will not accept the tune you are trying to record on it, or anything else; and (3) you can't write over what has been recorded on it or delete it from the CD. Obviously, I've never used CDs all that much, but now that I'm seeing the possibilities offered by Garageband, I've found a reason for them.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), null

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:47 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 4:14 PM in response to BrooklynBob

There are write-once CD's and re-writable CD's. From GarageBand Help Center:

-------

"Burn songs to CD

You can easily burn a GarageBand song to an audio CD.

Burn a song to CD

1. Insert a recordable CD into your computer’s optical drive.Before burning, be sure your computer supports the recordable CD you’re using. Only computers with disc-burning capability can be used to burn a song to CD.
  2. Choose Share > Burn Song to CD.

You can also burn multiple songs to CD by sending the songs to an iTunes playlist, and then burning the playlist to CD in iTunes. For more information about burning a playlist to CD, see iTunes Help.

Before burning, be sure your computer supports the recordable CD you’re using."

Only computers with disc-burning capability can be used to burn a song to CD.

----------------

Instead of using GarageBand, you are probably going to want a separate CD burning program, one that provides you the option of 'closing the burning session' after writing, or keeping it open so that additional tracks can be burned later (to a writable CD).

What is the best CD for recording tracks from Garageband and iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.