Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Try to log in to iCloud, using Apple ID, tells me this is a valid id but not an iCloud account, when I use the iCloud account, user and password it tells me they are not valid, any suggestions?

Windows 7 iCloud, Iphone 5s iso 8.2

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:20 PM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2015 10:34 AM in response to Zawblade00

Hello Zawblade00,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that when trying to login to the iCloud Control Panel on your Windows PC, you are notified that your Apple ID is not an iCloud account. You will need to make it an iCloud account by first configuring iCloud on your iPhone. To do this simply follow the directions outlined below, and then try logging back in to the iCloud Control Panel.

When you first set up your device with iOS 5 or later, enter the Apple ID you want to use with iCloud. If you skipped the setup assistant, sign in to Settings > iCloud and enter the Apple ID you’d like to use with iCloud.

Set up your Apple ID for iCloud and iTunes - Apple Support

Have a good one,

Alex H.

Mar 31, 2015 11:55 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Alex, thanks for the reply. I also realised when I set up the icloud account on my phone it was using an @icloud.com address, and I wasn't, this helped lead to the confusion. The other thing that seems to get confusing is, the Apple ID. I have an Apple ID, an icloud ID, and Itunes id, but when ask to log in you get ask for your Apple ID, the login in windows for icloud ask for your Apple ID, which is my Apple ID for Icloud.

Just rambling now, thanks for your input.

Larry

Try to log in to iCloud, using Apple ID, tells me this is a valid id but not an iCloud account, when I use the iCloud account, user and password it tells me they are not valid, any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.